Find a pro in Waverly, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Waverly, TN
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Waverly, TN, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.