Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Westmoreland, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways can cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing advantages of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is it similar to refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the suggested number of times I can refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to installing new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Westmoreland, Tennessee have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Westmoreland, Tennessee Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Westmoreland, Tennessee have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Westmoreland, Tennessee confidently.