Find a Cabinet Painter in White House, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Tennessee // White House
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What kind of paint is used on cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints might not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
How can I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their previous work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Ensure that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project begins that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Do I need to prime cabinets cabinets prior to painting?
It's may be tempting to quickly start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What is the usual cost for an experienced cabinet painter?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In White House, TN, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll want to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor in White House, TN to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A quick way to increase the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around White House, TN varies, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in White House, TN easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.