Find a Pro in White House, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should go with the general design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more comfortable and content.
Why may it be advantageous to hire the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and experience to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From pressure washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to do it all. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or offering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you prep a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's done with careful attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, materials, and methods to do the project with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking first steps that let the paint stick and look great for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clear area to work with, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint it with a smooth result.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stick.
What's the typical budget for painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services in White House, TN
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in White House, TN. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a professional with the qualifications and experience to provide high-quality services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with a new pop of color that simultaneously provides a strong barrier preventing damage. By hiring a painter to take care of the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly look for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of what they can provide. Look through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our no-cost platform. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the best professional for the project near them. Additionally, you can direct message contractors, ask for an estimate, and book a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painter who can give you useful recommendations and help you come up with an attractive color scheme. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to bring some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to begin the project and deliver exceptional workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and contacting a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.