Find a Cabinet Painter in Williamsport, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that modern look. Typical wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
Is it hard to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to find the perfect one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to start is by knowing precisely what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Can I just paint over my present cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are many things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Williamsport, TN, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Williamsport, TN
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Williamsport, TN varies, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When searching for the perfect cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Williamsport, TN confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.