Find a pro in Woodlawn, Tennessee
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Woodlawn, Tennessee. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Woodlawn, Tennessee
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Woodlawn, Tennessee. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Woodlawn, Tennessee. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.