Find a Pro in Abilene, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your home recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you select, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted protects your property now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting professionals have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to book professional painters.
Since every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, depending on other variables like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just bought a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It may be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What are the services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Some of the functions a vetted painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Most painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Professional Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Abilene, Texas
When you're searching for a reliable house painter in Abilene, Texas, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a big ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also provides plenty of useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that compiles all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Abilene, Texas and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.