Find a pro in Alice, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Alice, TX
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Alice, TX. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.