Find a Pro in Amarillo, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the right exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should go with the general design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the ability to give you a serene feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more pleasant and content.
What advantages come with the decision to hire a contractor for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a better outcome than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you have the tools and skills to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to fix errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, tools, and techniques to do the job with outstanding workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that help the paint adhere and look beautiful for a long time. Get ready for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to start working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stick.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how skilled your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with a free quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Compare Exterior House Painting Services Near Amarillo, Texas
Start looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Amarillo, Texas. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can improve your home's aesthetic with fresh paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage at the same time. By recruiting a professional to handle the job, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at results from previous exterior painting jobs to get an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to pick the best professional for the job in their area. You can even direct message contractors, receive a quote, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can offer you useful tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Painting can boost your home value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from several local professionals prepared to start the project and carry out outstanding craftsmanship. Get excellent results by downloading our home management platform and contacting an experienced professional to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.