Find a pro in Arp, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Arp, Texas. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Arp, Texas
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Arp, Texas. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.