Find a Pro in Aubrey, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the average expense for labor when painting the inside of a house?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence is dependant on the square footage of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire residence, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the interior yourself or live in a location with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I think about repainting my residence's exterior?
There are some evident things to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every house is different. Most experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It may be useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all does a residential painter do?
Some of the functions an expert painter usually performs include:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your professional may then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual per hour rate for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Keep in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Therefore, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Aubrey, Texas
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter in Aubrey, Texas, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that compiles all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Aubrey, Texas and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.