Find a Pro in Austin, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the best exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when picking a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should go with the overall aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant hues that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What advantages come with the choice to hire a professional for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your property will normally give you a better result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you have the materials and training to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up flaws, homeowners can recruit an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to hire a painter to do it all. With their superior approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
What steps are involved in getting a house ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it's carried out with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the job with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that let the paint stick and look amazing for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a clear area to start working on, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can take care of damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to let the paint stick.
What's the cost of painting a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can evaluate the project and provide you with an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Austin, Texas
Start looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Austin, Texas. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and background to offer outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's design with a new pop of color that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By hiring a painter to take care of the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently browse for contractors, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see pictures from previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Look through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-cost app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for anyone to pick the most suitable contractor for the job in their area. You can also direct message professionals, request an estimate, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful tips and help you brainstorm an elegant color scheme. Having a freshly painted home can boost your property value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors ready to start the project and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to handle the whole process with careful attention to detail.