Find a Cabinet Painter in Beaumont, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Is it difficult to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to discover the most suitable one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to start is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reliability by assessing their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Should I paint my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Beaumont, TX, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painter Near Beaumont, TX to Bring Your Vision to Reality
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your home and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Beaumont, TX varies, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Beaumont, TX easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.