Find a pro in Bedias, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Bedias, Texas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Bedias, Texas. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.