Find a pro in Belton, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Belton, TX
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Belton, TX. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.