Find a pro in Bertram, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Bertram
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bertram, TX
When you need roofing maintenance services in Bertram, TX, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.