Find a Cabinet Painter in Bloomington, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Texas // Bloomington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint do you use for cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their modern look. Common wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to start is by knowing precisely what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate significantly. Make sure that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for any surprises to pop up after the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I just paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grease are fully removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in many cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How can you estimate the price of cabinet painting?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Bloomington, Texas, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Bloomington, Texas
A quick way to boost the appeal of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Bloomington, Texas varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets might be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Bloomington, Texas confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.