Find a Pro in Cleveland, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively inexpensive to boost the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when deciding on a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should go with the general aesthetic you're aiming for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish tones that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and content.
Why might it be advantageous to enlist the skills of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a better result than you could attain by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to execute it. With their first-rate approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you get your home ready for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers excellent results when it is done with careful attention to detail and according to top standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the project with outstanding craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a sleek finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stay.
What is the cost associated with painting the exterior of a home?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Home Painting Services in Cleveland, TX
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Cleveland, TX. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the skills and experience to offer outstanding services. You can update your property's aesthetic with new paint that simultaneously offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By recruiting a contractor to handle the project, you're making sure the work will be of the highest quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently look for professionals, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see pictures from previous exterior painting jobs to get a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's convenient and hassle-free to use for homeowners to select the best contractor for the project near them. You can even direct message contractors, request an estimate, and set up a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painter who can provide you with useful recommendations and help you come up with an elegant color scheme. Painting projects can boost your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from many local contractors ready to start the project and perform exceptional workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.