Find a pro in College Station, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near College Station, TX
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in College Station, TX, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in College Station, TX. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.