Find a Pro in Columbus, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
Some of the tasks a vetted painter generally performs include:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Most painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical per hour price for painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Is it a wise decision to prioritize interior painting for my home?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you select, a new paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to keep moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: Most houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Getting your house's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to booking during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Vetted Home Painting Contractors in Near Columbus, Texas
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Columbus, Texas, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also offers several practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that collects all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Columbus, Texas and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.