Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Crowley, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of perks should I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the great things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Crowley, TX have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Crowley, TX
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Crowley, TX have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Crowley, TX confidently.