Find a Cabinet Painter in Denver City, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction with cabinet paint and regular paint?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
How do I choose a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Make sure that any painter you consider provides documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reputation by assessing their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Denver City, TX, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter in Denver City, TX
A smart way to boost the value of your property and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Denver City, TX varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all important information needed to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Denver City, TX easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.