Find a pro in Dickinson, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Dickinson
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Dickinson, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Dickinson, TX. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.