Find a pro in El Campo, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in El Campo, Texas
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in El Campo, Texas. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in El Campo, Texas. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.