Find a pro in Farwell, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Farwell
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Farwell, TX
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Farwell, TX. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.