Find a Cabinet Painter in Graham, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Texas // Graham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What kind of paint do you use for cabinets?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Typical wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those generally used on walls.
Is it easy to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. The first place to begin is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Check that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by assessing any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep stage necessary before painting all cabinets?
It's may be enticing to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my existing cabinets?
There are several things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Graham, TX, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor will need to recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Graham, TX
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Graham, TX varies, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your present cabinets could be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When searching for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Graham, TX easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.