Find a Pro in Grand Prairie, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you pick the best color for exterior paint?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with help from a trained and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should go with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Greens and blues are stylish hues that have the tendency to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more cozy and content.
Why should you engage the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually give you a better result than you could attain on your own. DIY jobs don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to carry it out. With their first-rate process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing less-than-optimal results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it is done with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and techniques to conduct the project with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to adhere and look amazing for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior siding so that you can work with a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to adhere.
What is the cost associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements at all times. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equate to higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and offer you a free, upfront estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Search for Exterior Painting Services in Grand Prairie, Texas
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Grand Prairie, Texas. If your property needs a new coat of paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and knowledge to offer outstanding services. You can upgrade your property's appearance with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can swiftly search for professionals, check ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting jobs to gain an understanding of what they can provide. Browsing through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for anyone to pick the best candidates for the project in their area. Additionally, you can direct message professional painters, request a quote, and set up a consultation all in one place.
Go over the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can give you beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color arrangement. Painting projects can raise your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what the right sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by using our app and get in touch with a knowledgeable painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.