Find a pro in Grandview, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Grandview, Texas
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Grandview, Texas, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Grandview, Texas. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.