Find a pro in Hockley, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Hockley, TX
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Hockley, TX, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.