Find a pro in Kennard, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Kennard, TX
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kennard, TX. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.