Find a Pro in Kennard, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services are under the scope of a house painter?
Examples of the services a vetted painter usually performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, without tax or product included.
Be mindful that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Is investing in interior painting a wise choice?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted secures your residence now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint works to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted covers all imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
At what period of the year are painters usually the least occupied?
A major benefit about scheduling during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Expert Home Painters Near in Kennard, Texas
When you want a dependable residential painter in Kennard, Texas, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also offers plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that organizes all the important information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Kennard, Texas and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.