Find a Cabinet Painter in Kingsville, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Texas // Kingsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference between cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those typically used on walls.
How do I find a cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by knowing exactly what look you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate widely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. The last thing you need is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep step necessary when painting all cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
Is it costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Kingsville, Texas, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Kingsville, Texas
A smart way to increase the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Kingsville, Texas varies, but many customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Kingsville, Texas confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.