Find a pro in Lake Dallas, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Lake Dallas
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lake Dallas, TX
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lake Dallas, TX. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.