Find a pro in Lancaster, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Lancaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lancaster, Texas
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Lancaster, Texas. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.