Find a pro in Leonard, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Texas // Leonard
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Leonard, TX
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Leonard, TX, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.