Find Deck Staining in Lubbock, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Texas // Lubbock
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
What are the advantages of applying stain to my deck vs painting it?
Deck staining and painting offer different benefits, so it's essential to consider which option most fits your needs when deciding between them. The two biggest benefits of painting are the wider variety of colors and improved surface preservation. However, paint also demands more upkeep because of peeling and fading relatively fast. Conversely, stain does not peel if properly cured, requires minimal effort to maintain, and has other benefits, including:
- Soaks Into the Wood - Unlike paint, which simply covers the surface, stains soak into the wood, providing better defense against water, the sun, and other elements.
- Special Additives - Some stains contain additives that increase durability, primarily pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that discourage bugs from infesting the wood.
Talk about the pros and cons of deck staining and painting with the contractors listed on Thumbtack to decide which choice will be best for you and your home.
Can staining my deck help shield it from climate-related damage?
Staining a deck provides many advantages, such as enhancing its style, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains come in a range of hues and opacities that will help reinvigorate the style of your home and yard. You're not as limited as you may suppose by picking deck staining instead of painting, as you still have many options to accentuate your home or create a look that stands apart.
The protection that stain gives your deck will be well worth the price of hiring a contractor to deliver excellent results. The weather in Lubbock, TX is the biggest danger to your deck, and regardless how strong the species of wood it's constructed with, a proper coat of stain will safeguard it from water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. Examples of other advantages of deck staining include inhibiting pests and mold from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Hire an expert listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck correctly and maximize your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
How long will it take an expert to finish my deck staining job?
Staining a deck is a multiphase process that requires careful preparation and application to get the best results:
- Prep - The deck surface has to be cleansed of dirt and debris using wood cleaners or a power washer to ensure the stain sticks well. The surface may also need to be sanded or repaired from any damage to facilitate a consistent application during the next step. Anything immediately outside of the work area, like walkways and buildings, will have to be blanketed by laying down tarps or masking tape.
- Application of Stain - A contractor will help you select the best type of stain and opacity for your needs, as some are more suited to particular wood species and the look you want to achieve. The contractor then utilizes brushes, rollers, sprayers, or all of these devices to apply as many coats as are required for good penetration and adhesion.
- Drying Time - A contractor will understand the manufacturer's recommendations for the type of stain you've chosen and how long it takes to cure. It's important that the deck is not touched and that the weather is fitting during the curing step.
All of these steps are challenging and tedious, but proper execution is necessary to ensure the best result. A dependable deck staining contractor listed on Thumbtack will bring the knowledge and skill to finish the job fast while achieving your desired appearance and durability.
Does the climate play a hand in the outcome of deck staining?
Deck staining is a seasonal home maintenance job and you'll get better results when conducting it in suitable weather conditions:
- Temperature - Staining a deck works better when the temperature is fair, typically between 50°F and 90°F. Staining during very warm and cold temperatures will affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Low to moderate humidity levels are preferable when deck staining, as excessive moisture will extend drying times and increase the danger of mildew problems in the future.
- Rain Forecast - All stains feature directions on how long curing should take, and it's required that they remain dry during this time. Your project's scheduling should consider the rain forecast and preferably be finished 24 to 48 hours before any chance of showers.
Hire a Deck Staining Contractor Near Lubbock, TX on Thumbtack and Get the Style and Durability You Desire
Deck staining is worthwhile for revitalizing its appearance and providing long-lasting durability from weather and pests that will destroy it over time. A dependable contractor will handle the challenging task for you, from prep to application and curing, to make sure it turns out the way you envisioned.
Enlisting a contractor is highly recommended if you lack experience carrying out deck staining or don’t have time to dedicate to the project. Working with stains requires a lot of attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures correctly to secure the wood from moisture, sun, and insects. You can also benefit from the advice that experts can share regarding picking the right stain for the species of wood your deck is constructed with to ensure you get the desired aesthetic. Although stain cannot offer as much variety as paint, many hues and opacities are still available to help your deck stand out as a unique visual element of your home.
Many homeowners struggle with deciding to paint or stain their decks, and both options come with unique advantages. Painting provides better versatility in colors and aesthetics and is good for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll have to repaint many times over the years as it chips away beneath frequent foot traffic and changing weather conditions. Conversely, stain soaks deep into the wood and contains pigments to block destructive UV rays and other additives that protect it from mildew and insect damage. Stain also doesn't need reapplication for a few years so long as it's been properly cured.
Staining a deck calls for attention to detail and careful consideration at every step of the process. Conducting the job at an unseasonable time of year or applying it haphazardly will result in less protection and an uneven appearance. Save time and eliminate the headaches of doing everything yourself by hiring an expert who can guarantee excellent results. Evaluate staining contractors in Lubbock, TX and choose the best one matching your vision and budget all in one place on the convenient Thumbtack platform.