Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Marble Falls, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is that the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and delivers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Marble Falls, Texas have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Place Containing All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Marble Falls, Texas Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many homeowners in Marble Falls, Texas have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Marble Falls, Texas with confidence.