Find a Pro in Marietta, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a smart idea to prioritize interior painting for my property?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your house in the past few years or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you pick, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers most cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your residence.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit to scheduling within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the recommended frequency for repainting the exterior of my residence?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly when it was last painted. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The type of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What services are under the scope of a house painter?
Some of the tasks an expert painter usually conducts include:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can commence, of course. Your professional could then recommend reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at conducting such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced Home Painting Contractors Near in Marietta, Texas
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter in Marietta, Texas, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also brings several useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that organizes all the necessary information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Marietta, Texas and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.