Find a Pro in McAllen, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the typical hourly fee for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a good choice?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you choose, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are made of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect option for your home. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted covers all imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
For that reason, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What will it usually cost in labor to paint the interior of a residence?
The cost to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the overall size of the area. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than an entire residence, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
Vetted Residential Painters Serving in McAllen, Texas
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter in McAllen, Texas, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also brings several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in McAllen, Texas and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.