Find a Cabinet Painter in Mineral Wells, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be limited to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated appearance. Common wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How will I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their previous work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any painter you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that can raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the professional's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I simply paint over my present cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grease are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How can you estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Mineral Wells, TX, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Mineral Wells, TX
A quick way to enhance the value of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Mineral Wells, TX fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you decide to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable painter will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Mineral Wells, TX easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.