Find a Pro in New Braunfels, Texas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Does interior painting give a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. It can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your house's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your household. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers most imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your living space.
What's the season of least demand for painters?
One of the biggest advantages to scheduling during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
At what intervals should I plan to paint the exterior of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set timeframe for a new coat, because every property is different. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are the services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Professional painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced House Painting Contractors Near in New Braunfels, Texas
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in New Braunfels, Texas, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of professional painters in New Braunfels, Texas and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.