Find a Pro in Clarkston, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on listing your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you go with, a fresh paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your property. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted removes most imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When is the least active season for painters?
A major selling point about scheduling within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
There are a few glaring things to keep an eye out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Since every house differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years, based on other variables like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a house, you might not know exactly when its most recent paint job was done. It's a good idea to try to find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It's also useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What array of services does a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Clarkston, Utah
When you want a reliable residential painter near Clarkston, Utah, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings plenty of useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that brings together all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Clarkston, Utah and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.