Find a Cabinet Painter in Clawson, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Utah // Clawson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a distinction between cabinet paint and wall paint?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires longer time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
Is it hard to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Check that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep step necessary when painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to any places that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my current cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Clawson, UT, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors might charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Clawson, UT
A smart way to enhance the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Clawson, UT fluctuates, but some homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Clawson, UT easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.