Find a Pro in Draper, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the typical labor price to paint the rooms of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a big one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the house on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
What is the best interval for repainting the outer walls of a house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to watch out for, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every home differs from the other. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dried.
What services fall within the domain of a house painter?
Examples of the services an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then suggest other reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's price on labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or product included.
Be mindful that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Accordingly, that price does not include the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Knowledgeable Residential Painters in Near Draper, UT
When you require a reliable house painter near Draper, UT, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also offers several practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that collects all the important information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Draper, UT and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.