Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Grantsville, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages should I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free way to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is it the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended amount of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a smart investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Grantsville, UT have related paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Place for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Grantsville, UT With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Grantsville, UT have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Grantsville, UT with confidence.