Find a pro in Hatch, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hatch, Utah. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Hatch, Utah
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Hatch, Utah. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.