Find a pro in Hyrum, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hyrum, Utah
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Hyrum, Utah. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.