Find a pro in La Verkin, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in La Verkin, Utah. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Utah // La Verkin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near La Verkin, Utah
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in La Verkin, Utah, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.