Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Laketown, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Utah // Laketown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and stress-free way to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what aspects will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Laketown, UT have communicated paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Place Containing All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Laketown, UT With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Laketown, UT have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Laketown, UT confidently.