Find a Pro in Lehi, Utah
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will assist with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your service may then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a professional painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Remember that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. Therefore, it does not reflect the cost of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is it a wise decision to prioritize interior painting for my home?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most cosmetic issues and will make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they normally charge in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Find an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Lehi, Utah
When you're searching for a good house painter in Lehi, Utah, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also offers plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that collects all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Lehi, Utah and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.